The First Harvest Share Is Coming!
We’re excited to announce that our very first harvest share distribution will happen next week. If you’re on our committed list, be on the lookout for an email with more information and details. We’ve been hustling to get to this point and it’s pretty darn exciting. In the mean time, we’re still planting our hearts out and working to keep some of our over-zealous starters happy while we wait for warmer weather.
Highlights of the week:
- Baby toads
- Blue-tailed skinks
- Drip irrigation getting setup
- Asian long beans germinating at near 100%
- Trying out woodchip composting
- Mycorrhizal fungi inoculant
Challenges of the week:
- Cabbage Loopers
- Cold weather
Have a nourished and blessed week.
-Ruth & Matt
Forbidden Rice and Mustard Greens
- 1 cup Forbidden (black) rice
- 3-4 large mushrooms (shitake or baby bella), diced
- 1 md/lg garlic clove, pressed/minced
- 1 small bunch green onion, diced
- 2T ghee
- 2 large handfuls of mustard greens, chopped
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida (aka Hing)
- salt and pepper to taste